Friday, September 04, 2009

Carter is so proud

I received a wonderfully sweet and touching book from my friend Kay P. (fellow Southwest Christian mom) as a baby gift for Charlie. The book is about remembering your children's "lasts" instead of their firsts. For example, remembering the last time you help them tie their shoes or rock them to sleep at night. It makes me teary every time I read it as I know I've already passed so many "lasts" with Griffin and Carter. Thanks to this book and Kay, I'm taking more notice of these special moments.

So as luck would have it, a "last" happened for Carter this week. He decided he didn't want his safety rail on his bed anymore, so Jason took it off for him. It's been four nights (and naps) now, and we haven't found him on the floor yet!! He is so proud of himself for not needing the rail. I'm proud too, sniff, sniff, but how can he be almost 4 already? He was Charlie's size just yesterday, wasn't he??

1 comment:

  1. Yes he was...the little snuggle boy. Thanks for letting me be a part of his life...all of their lives.

    ReplyDelete