Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fun day at the museum

I got the pleasure of taking five kids (my three plus cousins Conner and Sydney) to the Museum of Science and History today.  Carter actually started the day off in perfect fashion when he woke up with "Wow Mommy, that was a short night!!" Then Becky brought donuts for the kids. Great, I thought. Just what I needed were kids on a sugar high, but it didn't phase one of them thank goodness.

Yes, I said pleasure because other than the occasional bickering about who was going to push Charlie's stroller and reminding the boys not to run, they were very well behaved.  One grandmotherly-type even complimented me on how well-behaved the kids were.  This was after she watched me scold the boys for running...he he he.

I think the boys enjoyed it more than Sydney, but then she loves to be with Charlie, so everyone was happy. Conner and Griffin especially loved the "motion" room where they tried to build a roller coaster out of card stock, paper cups and painter's tape.  They could have done that for hours. Sydney and I tried to build a marble maze, but the um, directions, weren't very good.  Soooo, our marbles just hit the floor:(

All in all, it was a great day, and I hope I get to take them all back again this summer.  Although, next time, we will leave sweet Charlie at home because honestly, it was kinda dull for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment