Sunday, June 07, 2009

It's been too long since Griffin had teeth

I know getting teeth are a momentous occasion for children, but the most recent tooth Griffin has coming in is a sight for sore eyes!! I can so remember getting a call in early November 2006 that my sweet barely 5-year-old baby had knocked out a tooth a school. Talk about panic. We live 25 minutes from his school, so I called my dad, who conveniently was 5 minutes away from school, to go up and sit with him until I could get there. Griffin was on his knees in a chair and fell over hitting his mouth on the table. His teachers were mortified that he had knocked out a tooth -- and it wasn't just any tooth, it was one of the big ones on top!!! I think his teacher, Mrs. Y. cried as much as he did!!

We make an emergency visit to the dentist for x-rays to make sure the whole tooth came out, which thank goodness, it did. And for the last 31 months, we've had a child missing a front tooth. The other front baby tooth fell out and the permanent one came in last earlier this year. I even had him x-rayed again this spring to make sure that darn tooth was actually in his head. Well, it was there, because it FINALLY broke through the gum yesterday. What a relief. I barely remember what he looks like with top teeth, so I can't wait to see him in a few months.


Here he is with all his teeth:




















Here he is the night he knocked out the tooth:




This is from this spring with both front teeth gone:




And here he is with the new tooth coming -- YEAH!!!!

1 comment: