Friday, October 30, 2009

Updates on Charlie

We've had two milestones with Charlie this week. First, we finally figured out how to give him a bath without him SCREAMING at the top, and I mean TOP of his lungs. The key you ask? The bathroom needs to be smoking hot, so hot that I want to strip down, and the water needs to be hot tub temperature. The boy is a diva (or should I say divo since he's clearly a boy??) when it comes to his bath. Before this week, we could only work up the courage to bathe him about once a week. That's how bad the crying was. Finally, super Coco suggested we sauna-fy the bathroom, and presto, it worked!! He's had three tear-free baths already this week, including one filled with smiles just tonight.

The second milestone is good for him, but stinks for me. Two weeks ago, I stopped eating any dairy, fruit or fresh vegges because he was having so much trouble with gas. His gas really died down, so we knew the omissions were working. I decided to add some dairy back in last night in the form of Jason's super yummy homemade pizza. Was that ever a mistake!!! The gas hit him like a ton of bricks today, and of course, it had to happen while Coco was keeping him. She had to endure a screaming baby until she could get him to pass some of the gas. So, I will no longer be eating any dairy. Does anyone know if I can take calcium so I don't miss out while I'm boycotting milk products? Man, do I ever miss my nightly schooner of chocolate milk...

1 comment:

  1. You without your chocolate milk? Oh My! Not sure about the calcium...I barely remember breast feeding since it was 8 years since Sydney weaned. See you soon! Kisses to all of my boys!

    ReplyDelete