Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Halloween and my Army Rangers

As usual, the boys had a blast on Halloween. Charlie was a dragon...thank you Beth for letting us borrow Zach's costume!! The big boys were Army Rangers in honor of our friend, Ryan, who is in the Middle East right now. Griffin was a little embarrassed to put "makeup" on his face, but Carter was very enthusiastic. Like we'd expect anything less from him!!!

We went to my parents' house (like we always do) because their neighborhood has a great party every year. Both boys entered the costume contest for their age group. Carter won 1st place, and Griffin won 2nd place. Yes, there were several kids in each group, and the judges had no idea they were my kids:-). Coco and Jason worked the bean bag toss game. They worked together to create the cutouts of a ghost and a pumpkin, which were pretty cute I must say.



My cousin, his sweet wife and their son Jonathan joined us for trick or treating after the party. It was so nice...the daddies and Papa took the boys out, and the ladies stayed behind to pass out candy.

Griffin ate so much candy, specifically Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (the world's most perfect candy IMHO), he was sick. Coco had to give him some Maalox to calm down the rumbly tummy. All was well the next morning -- thank goodness no urping overnight. Next year, Charlie will be old enough to trick or treat at a few houses. But, I'm in no rush. I love the boys just like they are now.









1 comment:

  1. Love the costumes! I totally agree that Reeses is the perfect candy...also Sydney's favorite. I have to hide them. Of course Pop always has them for her!

    ReplyDelete