Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Week recap

Thanksgiving week was a busy one around here. I got to be home with boys starting on Wednesday. My kids can smell a holiday for miles, so where were we on Wednesday morning you ask? The doctor's office of course, nipping Carter's sinus infection in the rear before it got out of hand.

On Thursday, we spent the entire morning cleaning up the house and yard (I've said before I live with piggies!!) I even begged my dad to be late getting over here so I could get a shower, and he politely obliged. My brother and sweet sister-in-law were here for the week, so they came with my parents, grandmother and great aunt for the day. The big boys played outside all afternoon. Once it got dark, Carter, Papa and Josh practiced kicking the football in the gameroom. Carter is natural athlete.

Charlie was getting plenty of attention too. It was so nice having Aunt Lala here...she jumped every time Charlie made a noise. I got a mini vacation:-) My kids love their aunts and uncles (my bro and wife and Jason's sis and hubby) so much. We blessed to have such a close knit family.

I didn't take as many photos as I'd planned to, but here are a few from Thanksgiving Day:


Papa and Griffin playing on the couch


Charlie, Griffin and Gigi (my grandmother who is 89 years old). Charlie is named after her husband (my mom's father) -- my grandfather who we all called Bebo.



Charlie and sweet Aunt Lala



Uncle Josh holding Charlie



Note to Coco and Jason -- we got the short end of the photos since we were doing all the cooking!!!

On Friday, Josh and Lala came back out to spend the afternoon with us. It was so nice to have Lala to myself...we had such a relaxing visit. That evening, we went to Razoo's for dinner with my parents, Josh and Lala. Griffin loved the gator tail, but to our surprise, Carter thought everything was too spicy. Charlie enjoyed looking at all the colorful decor (and people).

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures especially the one of Grif with your dad...you can really tell they have a special bond.

    ReplyDelete