Saturday, November 21, 2009

4-month checkup for Charlie/Hello Oh Canada!!

Charlie had his 4-month checkup this week. He is doing great...well, except for being lactose-intolerant, fruit/raw veggie intolerant and "allergic" to naps. No, really he is doing well. He rolls ALL THE TIME now both ways, and can hold his head up for long stretches. His doc was very impressed with how active he is now. He smiles a lot, and other then his occasional bouts with gas and his dislike for naps, he is a great baby.

Here are his stats:
Weight -- 15.9 pounds which is 50% percentile
Length -- 26.75 inches which is 95% percentile
Head -- still a pinhead:-) at 25% percentile

To compare, here are Griffin and Carter's stats at 4 months old:
Griffin -- 13.9 pounds and 25.75 inches
Carter -- 17.4 pounds and 26.25 inches

So, Charlie is the longest baby so far, but Carter Magee is the chubbiest baby.

Hello St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Charlie got to meet my dear friend, Irene, via Skype today. She lives outside Toronto with her family in a suburb that she says feels just like living in the U.S. Irene and I have been friends for 15 years. We met in December 1994 when I took the job as assistant editor of the Paint Horse Journal. We hit it off immediately and became fast friends.

I've had the pleasure of visiting her in Provence, France (her hubby is French) where they lived for several years, and in her hometown of Milwaukee where her mom still lives. She is a gem, and I just love her to death. It's always good to catch up with her. I've known her oldest daughter, Athena, since was 9 months old, and I was the hospital the day after Manon was born. Hard to believe those precious girls are so grown up now.

I found this picture of Athena and Griffin from one of Irene's visit to our house on Cliffside Dr. Athena is 8 years old in this photo, and Griffin is 5 months. My, how times flies!!




In the summer of 2006, Irene and her friend Christine came across the pond from France for the Paint Horse World Show. They joined us for dinner one evening, and we had such a good time. Irene translated for Christine and I since she didn't speak English and I don't speak French. Carter is 9 months old here. Irene is on the left in the white shirt. I love you Irene!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to finally have a face with the name! Carter was definitely chubby! He is still sooooo sweet. He stopped in the middle of playing with Sydney and Griffin last night, ran over, threw his arms around me and said "I love you Miss Susan". I am still a puddle of goo!

    ReplyDelete