Sunday, May 10, 2009

And to think I wasn't sure if I even wanted kids...


Well, that was in my teens and 20s. Little did I know what my 30s would bring. Thank goodness my sweet hubby convinced me back in 2001 that a little person would be a nice addition to our home. I still remember crying in the bathroom at the hospital the day after our first son was born because the nurses were pressuring us to name him (he was five weeks early, so we didn't have a name picked out). I told Jason that if we named the baby, we'd have to take him home and be responsible for him. Can you say "raging hormones!!"
Of course, Jason talked me down off that crazy rant, and almost eight years later, that sweet baby boy gave me a Mother's Day gift he made at school. It's a red pot holder that reads (in his best handwriting I might add):

Dear Mom,
I like you because you make good food and lay down with me. (We talk about his day and pray before bedtime.).
Thank you for playing cards and Jenga.
Love,
Griffin

And if that wasn't enough, our precious son #2, Carter, told his teacher that his favorite thing to do with Mommy is to stay home with me!!
Talk about love...I can't even describe what these boys mean to me. They make me laugh, cry and stomp my foot in frustration. And that can often be in the span of 15 minutes around here!! My life revolves around them and their daddy, and I wouldn't wish...or dream for anything else. Our children are indeed a blessing from God, and I praise Him every day for allowing us to raise such fine boys.

I am one proud boy momma:-)
P.S., thanks to my own mom, Coco, for being such a great role model as a mother. She set the bar pretty high, and I strive to meet it every day as a mom myself. I love you Coco!! Happy Mother's Day.
P.S. #2 -- How sweet were my boys trying to nap together this afternoon before Daddy's pizza party for our family moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment