Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mmmm -- Kahlua cake

So tonight was a perfect example of my funny boys. I was making a family favorite dessert for Mother's Day -- chocolate fudge kahlua cake. I ran out of kahlua this afternoon, so being the good Christians we are, we went to the liquor AFTER church tonight:-) Griffin was quite intrigued by a store that just sold "stuff adults like to drink," and Carter was dying to try this magic potion that we had to drive 15 minutes to buy.

So when we got home, I cracked the seal, poured about two drops on a teaspoon and let Griffin sample the kahlua. He told me it was gross and walked off. Carter, of course, was a different story. He LOVED his sample and asked for more in his sweetest little voice. Who can resist a 3-year-old who is using his best manners, so of course, I indugled him with two more drops -- and I do mean literal drops for those of you worried about my sanity on this one. Then he asked if I could put some in his oatmeal, (which, of course, did NOT happen). I think I've created a monster...

No comments:

Post a Comment