Monday, August 10, 2009

Busting out of baby jail

It's been a crazy few days for us. My brother and his wife were in town to meet Charlie. We spent most of the day Friday and Saturday with them. Lauren loved her new nephew. She held him every chance she got. And Josh was quite busy with the other two. Griffin and Carter were so glad Uncle Josh was here...especially since their daddy hurt his back riding the Texas Giant at Six Flags last week and couldn't throw them around in the pool. The boys cried when it was time leave my parents' house as they wanted to go to San Antonio with Josh and Lauren. We promised them we'd figure out a time for them to visit.

They will make great parents, won't they!!







Charlie had another weight check on Friday, and he's up to 9 pounds now. As often as he eats, he ought to be about 20 pounds. Today was the first time I was able to get out of the house without a kid, and guess what exciting place I went. No, not for a pedicure or massage (I wish!!). I went to Albertson's for groceries. Jason asked me if I was glad to be out of baby jail, and honestly, it was nice to be by myself for an hour with no one hanging on me. Charlie slept in our room while Jason worked, but of course, five minutes after I got home, he woke up hungry. Imagine that!!

He has a checkup with his pediatrician Thursday afternoon, which I'm sure will go great. The only problems he's having are spitting up quite a bit after feeding and not burping very often. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. Our other two were burping champs.

No comments:

Post a Comment