Sunday, August 16, 2009

Charlie's checkup and first outing with all three boys by myself

Charlie saw his pedi on Thursday for his 1-month checkup . The little piggy continues to gain weight -- he was at 9.9 pounds, which is one pound over his birth weight. And he grew an inch!! He's in the 95% for height and 50% for weight. So far, he's more like Griffin then Carter in how he's built.

On Friday, Grif and Carter had haircut appointments, and Griffin had "meet the teacher" at school, so the boys and I had our first outing by ourselves. It was a little daunting to get out the door by 10:30 a.m., but I'm proud to say we were on time to the salon for their haircuts.

Our good friend, Dawn, called on the way and asked if we were available for lunch. I had already planned to go to Tommy's Hamburgers for lunch as it's next door to the salon. Dawn and her sweet hubby have three boys too (8, 6 and 3) so our kids all love to see each other. Two mommas and six boys were quite the sight at Tommy's -- I walked out with all the boys while Dawn cleaned up our table (it was a hopeless cause). People at two tables asked me if the baby in the car seat (Charlie) was a girl. They actually looked a little sad when I proudly told them Charlie was a boy. Poor people, they have no idea how much fun boys can be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment