Saturday, July 25, 2009

Calm down everyone...Charlie is GREAT!!!

My goodness, I take one night off from posting on the blog, and everyone goes nuts!! This boy is loved, that's for sure. The reason I didn't post last night is that we thought he might go home today, but I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up. He didn't have a good feed for me last night at 8 p.m., so we were thinking his doc might keep him today to make sure he was eating good. In fact, he had an over-aggressive nurse last night that wanted to reinsert his feeding tube after the poor 8 p.m. bottle. I pitched a fit about it, so she checked with his doc about the tube. Of course, the doc said NO TUBE. She wanted to see how he did overnight with his bottles, and he was a superstar.

So, I got there this morning at 10:30 a.m. and guess what -- he ate like a champ all night and his doc said he was ready to go home!! Jason and I brought Charlie home about 2 p.m. Jason is giving him a bottle of breast milk right now, and all is well at our home today with Charlie here. It's been a looonnnggg 12 days, but we are finally done with the hospital. His doc says he will be a totally normal baby with no side effects or future issues due to his PPHN. We have no docs we need to follow up with other then his pediatrician. Of course, I'm going to be a fanatic about visitors...everyone will have to wash from head to toe before touching baby Charlie!!

Two of his nurses stopped by to tell him goodbye, and they told me everyone was talking about how quickly he recovered. He was the talk of the NICU today. We are so thankful to all the docs and nurses at Cook Children's for the care he received. Under God's guiding hands, they took a very sick baby and made him well again. Thank you for all your prayers for baby Charlie. This is proof that prayer does work.

I probably won't be posting everyday now, but I promise I will update my blog regularly with Charlie (as well as Griffin and Carter) stories. We'll be ready to introduce Charlie to everyone soon, For now, we just need to catch our breath and get back into a routine with our family since things have been so crazy lately.


We love you all,
Jason, Jill, Griffin, Carter and Charlie













3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy, thrilled, excited, overjoyed and thankful that all five of you are finally under one roof. See you sometime next week!

    Love,
    Susan, Rick and Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa and I are thrilled our sweet Charlie is
    home. We thank all of you for your many, many
    prayers.

    Love to all,
    Papa & Coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love happy endings. Happy homecoming Charlie....You've got the best family.

    All the best from St. Augustine, Fl.,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete