Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday morning update

I talked to Charlie's nurses overnight and first thing this morning. He had a good night overall. He did not show signs of problems with the pneumothorax, and his X-ray from 5:30 a.m. didn't change, so they are still not planning on inserting a chest tube, praise God!!! His blood gas (oxygen level) continues to be good. They pulled out his catheter because he was making so much urine thanks to the Lasix, so now he will have his diaper changed regularly. And his doc increased his feedings, so Bessy, as Jason likes to call me, is going to have to get on the ball making milk for this baby.

Speaking of Bessy, I make everyone laugh when I have to pump at the hospital. They have a special lactation room in the progressive ICU (where the feed and grow babies are). In this room, there are four "stalls" as I like to call them with comfy chairs and pumps for moms with babies in the hospital. I call the room the milking shed because we're in there like cows lined up in a milking barn on a dairy farm. So far, Bessy is doing her job well. I'm about 18 hours ahead of Charlie right now. I pump every three hours, so I take lots of milk up to the hospital when I go. It's small price to pay to make sure Charlie is getting the best nutrition possible.

This morning is back to the real world as we need some clean laundry, and the house looks like a bomb hit it. Then, we'll be off to spend the afternoon with our angel.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you both tomorrow. I can't wait until we can all hold him and spoil him, but not too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been praying!!! So special to see his eyes in the pictures. God has great plans for Charley!!

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete