Monday, July 27, 2009

Charlie is happy to be home

Baby Charlie is SO happy to be home. He is a good-natured baby who doesn't cry unless he's hungry (which is every 2-3 hours round the clock right now). Charlie is making up for the two weeks away...he does not like to be put in his bassinet or bed. As long as someone holds him, he's quiet as a mouse. So, as you can imagine, I've been holding him practically day and night. I'm glad we have a very comfy chair in the living room as that's where he and I have slept the last two nights!!

Griffin is a model big brother. He loves to hold Charlie, and he helps with every diaper change. Today, he restocked diapers for me, and held him while I made our lunch. Carter is mildly interested in Charlie and still calls him "New Baby". As I remember, Griffin wasn't too interested in Carter when he was born, so Carter's reaction doesn't surprise me too much.

Charlie has his first appointment with his pediatrician tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how much he weighs so we'll know if the breast feeding is going as well as it seems to be to me. He weighed 8.2 pounds when we left the hospital on Saturday. Hopefully, he's maintained his weight or gained a few ounces. I promise I'll update tomorrow with news from his appointment.

Charlie got his first bath at home tonight, and he hated every minute of it. I think all newborns cry during their baths, so we didn't take it personally. We worked over his scaly feet, and they look much better now!!

The house still looks like a bomb went off in it, and I never did get a shower today, but hey, that's par for the course with a newborn. And I'm thrilled to have him home. I'd much rather be sleep-deprived wearing yesterday's clothes as a result of taking care of him then from being at the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days so well...if only they stayed little a bit longer. Love you guys talk to you when I get back.

    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just precious and looks so healthy, like a tiny little man.

    God is so good.

    ReplyDelete