Monday, July 13, 2009

Soon we'll be a family of 5

It's hard to believe these are probably some of our last hours being a family of four. I'm scheduled to induce baby boy #3 at 7:30 a.m., but of course, the hospital called earlier and told me they weren't sure if they would have room for me. I have to check in with them at 6 a.m. to see if they have a room for me!! At this point, I think I might take a cot in the hallway:-) I'm tired of being tired and so swollen that my feet and hands hurt.

I have to say bittersweet with this pregnancy since I know this is our last baby. Even though it's been a challenging pregnancy, it makes me sad I won't have this little person with me all the time. I really love feeling him move around, especially when he gets the hiccups. And the kids/cousins love to feel him moving. It puts such joyous smiles on their faces.

Griffin and Carter cannot wait to meet him. It's all they've talked about this weekend. Griffin wants to be able to introduce the baby to his cousins. We even let them have a say in the name game at dinner Sunday night. Of course, we still don't know what his name will be, but both boys had very specific opinions on the name.

God has blessed us with these incredible boys, and I'm honored to be their mother. I can't wait to see what it's like to be a family of five. One thing I know for sure is that my home won't be clean or quiet for about 18 more years, but it's a small price to pay for the joy my boys bring me every day.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet him. I can remember when you were a family of two and it doesn't seem that long ago and yet forever ago. You are one of the most beautiful and precious friends that I have. We love you and will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete